The WEE HUR Group
respects the confidentiality of information and privacy of individuals. We are committed to implementing policies, practices and processes to safeguard the collection, use and disclosure of the personal data you provide us, in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) including the Australian Privacy Principles
and the relevant code registered under the Privacy Act.
The Policy applies to all business units and departments across Wee Hur Group and sets out how we collect, use ordisposal personal data from you or that you have provided to us through the Group’s websites or otherwise. Please readthis Policy so that you know and understand how we collect, use, disclose, process and retain your personal data.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect the personal data of our prospects and clients through the following methods / channels:
- Register or use any of our services from our websites (including cookies, IP addresses, account registration) and any form of information provided on our online platforms
- Purchase or/and engage our products or services through signing of documents and agreements
- Enter or respond to our marketing and promotional activities and initiatives
- Participate in our market research or surveys
- Submit forms relating to our products and services
- Submit job applications, resume and reference letters
- Provide personal data when visiting our premises
- Interact with our representatives during, for example, office, email, phone, letter, faceto-face meeting, submit a comment, recruitments, events, roadshows, exhibitions, conferences, office, project launch etc
- Provide information to other organsiation (eg. business directories, credit reference agencies, banks or individuals) which you have authorised to provide your personal details on your behalf
- Download or use any of our mobile applications
- When your images are captured by us via CCTV surveillance cameras or via photos and videos taken by us or our representatives when you are within our premises or during an company event
- Submit your personal data for any other reasons
You should ensure that your personal data that you have submitted, whether given consent or not, is true and complete.
If you provide personal data of a third party (eg. information of your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents) to us, you represent and warrant that the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of the personal data for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Types of Personal Data We Collect About You
The types of personal data we collect about you may include:
- Personal Contact Information / Personal Details / Employment Details / Photos
- Transaction Information
- Online Activities (IP addresses, browsers, etc)
- Photos and Video Footage
How We Use Your Personal Data
Wee Hur Group, its appointed third party service providers and contractual outsourced parties, in Australia and at overseas, may collect, use and disclose your personal data to:
- Conduct and complete transactions (eg. signing of sales and purchase agreements, signing of rental agreements, payments etc)
- Conduct marketing, advertising, promotion (sending alerts, emails, telemarketing, etc)
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, government authorities and other requirements
- Create and maintain relationship by ways of communication with our stakeholders (eg. investors, prospect, tenant, occupier, buyer, resident, unit holder, shareholder, employee, candidate, contractor, website user, app user, etc)
- Assist in the recruitment and selection process, training and development purposes, job evaluation and compensation and benefits initiatives
- Facilitate management of our facilities, including managing the safety and security of our premises and services (including, but not limited to, issuing of visitor passes, operating CCTV surveillance and conducting security clearance, and recording of entrance to and exit from any of our premises)
Who We Disclose Your Personal Data To
We disclose some of the personal data we have collected about you to the following parties or organisations:
- Agents, contractors, third party service providers, specialist advisers and contractual outsourced parties who provide Wee Hur Group the services to perform business, support, operational and/or administrative functions
- Professional advisors such as our auditors and lawyers
- Any other parties which, in Wee Hur Group’s discretion for, in accordance to or in connection with the purposes stated above
How We Manage the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We are committed to implementing policies, practices and processes for data protection that comply closely with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) obligations. These are elaborated in the rest of this Policy document.
1. Obtaining Consent
Before we collect, use or disclose your personal data, we will notify you of the purpose why we are doing so. We may also obtain written confirmation from you on your expressed consent. As far as possible, we will not collect more personal data than necessary for the stated purpose.
Under certain circumstances, we may assume deemed consent from you when you voluntarily provide your personal data for the stated purpose, e.g. when you enter into a sales agreement.
2. Third-Party Consent
If you have a one-on-one meeting with us or do a transaction with us on behalf of another individual, you must first obtain consent from that individual in order for us to collect, use or disclose his/her personal data.
3. Withdrawal of Consent
If you wish to withdraw consent, you should give us reasonable advance notice. You have to be aware, though, of the likely consequences of your withdrawal of consent, e.g. without your personal contact information we may not be able to inform you of future updates or that the quality of our service may be impacted.
Your request for withdrawal of consent can take the form of an email or letter to us.
Accessing and Making Correction to Your Personal Data
You may write in to us, based on reasonable grounds, to find out how we have been using or disclosing your personal data. We are obligated under the Privacy Act to allow you access to your personal data of the past one year, and to make any correction if there is any error or omission. Before we accede to your request, we may need to verify your identity by checking your legal identification document. We will try to respond to your request within 30 days. By which time we will give you an estimate of how long it is going to take to retrieve all the relevant data, and how much we will charge you for processing the request.
Accuracy of Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable precautions and verification checks to ensure that the personal data we have collected from you is reasonably accurate, complete and up-to-date. From time to time, we will do a verification exercise for you to update us on any changes to your personal data. If you are a client or customer, it is important that you update us if there are any changes in your personal information such as your home address.
Protection of Personal Data
We have implemented an Information Security Policy that governs how personal data and confidential information are protected within our organisation. We will take the necessary security arrangements to protect your personal data that is under our charge or control to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, or similar risks. All our employees will take reasonable and appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data, and will only share your data with authorised persons on a ‘need to know’ basis.
External data intermediaries who process and maintain your personal data on our behalf will be bound by contractual data security arrangements we have with them.
Retention of Personal Data
We will not retain any of your personal data under our charge or control when it is no longer necessary for any business or legal purposes. We have a Document Retention Policy that spells out how long we ought to retain each type of confidential document or personal data. Certain retention periods are based on statutory or regulatory requirements.
We will ensure that your personal data that no longer has any business or legal use will be destroyed or disposed of in a secure manner. This applies to both paper documents and electronic data stored in databases.
Transfer of Personal Data
Tracking of User Activity
We use tracking tools such as Google Analytics
We use “cookies” to collect information about your activity on our Web site. Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Compliance With Laws
Where required to do so by law, we will disclose your personal data to the relevant authorities or to law enforcement agencies upon their requests.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, or unable to assume any responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
If you have any questions about our collection, use, and/or disclosure of your personal data; feedback or any complaint you have relating to how we manage your personal data, you may contact us at:
Wee Hur Holdings Ltd
39 Kim Keat Road
Wee Hur Building
Telephone: (65) 62581002
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any query or complaint should include, at least, the following details:
- Full name and contact information of the data subject
- Brief description of the query or complaint
We treat such queries and complaints seriously and will deal with them confidentially and within reasonable time.